Sunday, August 16, 2015

Brownie Batter Oreos

I decided to take a small break away from the Lays potato chips because I walked by the new LTO Brownie Batter Oreos on my way to the check out line yesterday at Big Y.  I only needed garlic, but of course I just *HAD* to get them.  I even talked to the cashier and the lady standing behind me about them and my addiction to LTO flavors.  I couldn't wait to get back to my parents' house and give them a try!

So, unlike potato chips, taking a big whiff of cookies doesn't really work.  I eat my oreos in a certain way...taken a part, one cookie eaten, then the cream, then the other cookie.  The rule of three still applies, though.  I eagerly opened the bag to see the typical chocolate oreo cookie with a very dark chocolate center.  The cream is very rich...for an oreo anyway.  I initially do get a brownie type flavor out of it.  My dad said oh yeah it tastes like brownie to him.  My friends also said it tastes like licking a brownie bowl.  My mom said it tastes just like the brownie batter they have at work (DQ).  The more I eat it the more I get a brownie-esque flavor to it but I think they are a darker chocolate than a typical brownie.  Don't get me wrong, the darker the better when it comes to chocolate for me and the three of us (okay mostly me because...well...it's my eat week) had no problem polishing off the entire bag.

As of late, Oreo has thoroughly unimpressed me...down right disappointed me.  The past few flavors fell very short of what they were supposed to be.  So, to have a cookie actually taste pretty close to what it was supposed to taste like, I have to give them props for that.  They may be on the path of redeeming themselves!

Final score - **** 4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment