Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lay's Gyro Chips

I took a few days off from finishing the four Lay's chip flavors that are circulating right now looking for votes.  It wasn't to keep you hanging but more because I found some other items that piqued my interest better at the time.  If you were patiently waiting, I'm sorry and here it is!

Gyro... I love these things.  The meat, the tzatziki sauce,...onion, lettuce and tomato (which I usually flick off) and that yummy pita...I'm drooling!  Obviously this sandwich is far better than the cb&j I had for lunch.  That's a cashew butter and jelly, in case you thought that was a typo.  Still, I didn't have high hopes fore this chip because as I stated before...meat flavored chips just don't sound appealing!

I opened that bag and true to form I bend over to get that whiff of aromas that fly up out of the bag once opened.  OH DEAR GOD!  What the hell is that smell?!?!  *insert 2 year old yucky face here*.  I try again... OH MAN!  It's worse the second time around.  BUT, they were bought and they were opened and now I need to try them.  I.DON'T.WANNA!  Okay, quick like a band aid... I pick off the smallest chip on the top and pop it in my mouth.  Okay, so to me the smell was far worse than the taste but the taste wasn't exactly the best thing in the world.  I don't get gyro out of it.  We collectively decided it smells like dog food and tastes what we would assume is the same since none of us make it a habit of eating dog food.  I don't know how to describe it any other way.  Revolting, maybe?  Okay, that's a bit harsh.  This bag was quickly toss off to the side of the table where no one could see it or be reminded of it ever again.

We purposely left the bag out hanging in a tree to feed the raccoon that scared the boogers out of me the night prior when he crept up and sat next to me outside.  We didn't necessarily want to waste them and the good news is the raccoon all but licked the bag clean he/she liked it so much.

Final rating * One star because you can't give negative numbers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment