Monday, August 31, 2015

Cotton candy grapes?!

So these little beauties made the circulation last year and I just didn't get a chance to get a bag.  They are only here a short amount of time and sell out pretty darn quickly.  Luckily, I got the last bag of these at Big Y on Friday and I've never been so stinking excited to eat a grape in my life.

People go ga-ga over pumpkin every year.  As I mentioned previously, I'm not as huge of a fan as most people think I am.  I do, however, feel the same giddiness about cotton candy as most people do about pumpkin.  It's just my jam ;) So, to finally get a hold of these...well...I heard angels singing.  I was impressed with myself that I waited until I got in the car and didn't eat them while I got the rest of my canning ingredients for peach salsa.

Wash your fruit?  Not when it comes to something I've been wanting for well over a year, I just rolled that grape on my pants and went with it.  Popped it in my mouth hoping for the best but expecting the worst.  Oh em GEEEEEEEEEEE they really DO taste just like cotton candy!  I couldn't believe it.  The flavor is subtle but it's there.  The more you eat, though, I feel like more of the typical green grape flavor comes out, but there's always that cotton candy undertone.  It just blows my mind that these taste so much like the real deal and so it's been my mission, since Friday, to force people to try these.  I've been carrying them everywhere.  I even have them at work and made 2 co workers and the mailman try them.  Every time I start with...have you tried these yet?  And every time they give me that confused look..."cotton candy...GRAPES?"  YES!  You have to try one or ten!  And then I wait...as they pop one in their mouth and chew...I get that same pondering look and then BAM everyone gets that HOLY CRAP look and follows that with a "wow, that really does taste like cotton candy!"  I KNOW!  It's like the most fabulous thing in the world!

Final rating ***** - 5 stars!  RUN to the store to try these before they are gone for another year!




No comments:

Post a Comment