Wednesday, August 12, 2015

West Coast Truffle Fries

Good tasty morning!  I figured I would continue with the Lays potato chip flavors that are out now and looking for your votes.  There are four in total, and yes I've tried them all!

Today brings you to my second favorite of this particular bunch...the West Coast Truffle Fries flavor.  Have you ever had truffle fries?  If not, you need to find them.  Now!  Go ahead, I'll wait...

Like routine, I started off with shoving my head in the opened bag to take a whiff before diving in to try these beauties.  The scent is enough to entice you to try them, for sure.  These chips have a unique flavor and one that those of us who have had the pleasure of eating actual truffle fries will recognize.  Although, while I think the flavor of these is unique, I also think that the flavor is light.  Meaning it's not a huge, bold flavor like the biscuits and gravy.  Let's see how many more times I can say flavor...flavor flavor flavor.  Anyway, I immediately get hit of truffle oil when I eat these.  Then that mixture of light cheese and garlic yumminess follows.  Like I said, these are a light chip so don't expect a firework display in your mouth, but sit back and savor the goodness that is truffle fries!

I enjoyed these very much and it is my opinion that these are a great chip to pair with something more on the bolder side OR a chip that you would be okay layering with other flavors such as a dip of some sort.  I actually dipped these straight into plain sour cream last night and enjoyed them that way.  I would definitely buy these again if they won and were available going forward.  I actually might even like these better if they were on a baked chip vs. the waffle chips.  Blasphemy, I know!

Final rating: *** Three stars - only because I think they could have coated the chip a little more to give it a little more flavor instead of just a hint of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment